This year, Music PEI is excited to introduce the newly branded Music PEI Interactive presented by Ticketpro – a collection of workshops and panels designed to inform and educate everyone involved in the music industry. Topics range from funding and music supervision, to songwriting and learning how to get out of your own way and move forward.
Music PEI Interactive will take place from Wednesday, Jan. 30 to Saturday, Feb. 2 and will all take place at Memorial Hall at the Confederation Centre of the Arts and Globe World Flavours – Upstairs in Charlottetown (a full list of panels and workshops is listed below and on the Music PEI website).
For the first time during Metro Credit Union Music PEI Week as a part of Music PEI Interactive there will be a tradeshow, presented by Ticketpro. The Music PEI Tradeshow will feature products from Fender, Gretsch, Guitarman, Korg, East Coast Drums, and more. There will be free product giveaways for those in attendance at Music PEI Interactive panels.
To kick off the Island’s best week in music, there will be an opening reception at Back Alley Music in Charlottetown on Friday Jan. 25 at 5:30 p.m. This is a free event and the public is encouraged to attend. Starting that day and on display throughout Metro Credit Union Music PEI Week will be artwork by the nominees for Visual Artist of the Year. The award for Visual Artist of the Year will be presented at the opening reception. This will be the first of 26 awards presented during Metro Credit Union Music PEI Week.
Music PEI Interactive Schedule of Events:
Thursday, January 31
– 1-3 p.m. – Canada Council Info Session with speaker Jim Morton (Canada Council)
– 3-5 p.m. – SOCAN by RSVP with speaker Tim Hardy (SOCAN) (pre-registration is required)
Friday, February 1 at Globe World Flavours – Upstairs
– 1-5 p.m. – Festival Best Practices with panelists Tamara Kater, Mitch Podolak, and Troy Greencorn (Registration required- please contact Music PEI at 894-6734 to register. Registration fee is $35)
Friday, February 1 at Memorial Hall
– 10 a.m.-2 p.m. – S.A.C. Songwriter Workshop with Colin MacDonald (The Trews)
– 2:30-4 p.m. – Where’s The Money? with panelists Tim Jones (FACTOR), Tim Hardy (SOCAN), Jeff Morton (Canada Council), Julia Train (MROC), Rob Oakie (Music PEI) and Alan Willaert (CFM)
– 4 p.m. – Grant Lawrence Book Signing with Music PEI Awards Gala host, Grant Lawrence with special guest performance by John MacPhee (Paper Lions)
– 5 p.m. – Schmoozefest – a meet and greet that gives artists, delegates and sponsors a chance to meet in an informal setting while checking out the Tradeshow
Feb. 2 – Globe World Flavours – Upstairs
– 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m. – Festival Best Practices with panelists Tamara Kater, Mitch Podolak, and Troy Greencorn (Registration required- please contact Music PEI at 894-6734 to register. Registration fee is $35)
Feb. 2 – Memorial Hall
– 10 a.m. – No One Owes You SH*T! And Other Inspiring Truths About The Music Industry presented by Hassan King and Josh Hogan (Red Tentacle: A Music Solutions Company)
– 11 a.m.-12 p.m. – Please Refer to Management: A Q&A with Music Managers with panelists Jason Burns (Sonic Entertainment Group), Marcello Favia (Arts & Crafts), Rob Lanni (Coalition Music) and Tim Hardy (SOCAN)
– 12-1 p.m. – Music Supervisors: Taste, Vision and Needs with panelists David Hayman, Catherine Jones, and Andrea Von Foerster
– 1-2 p.m. – What Comes Next? with panelists David Hayman, Catherine Jones, Andrea Von Foerster, Kimberly Sinclair, and John Mullane
– Why Do You Need a Producer? with panelists Daniel Ledwell, Adam Gallant, Jon Matthews, Grady Poe, John Mullane, and Darryl Neudorf
– 3-4 p.m. – Emerging Do’s and Don’ts with panelists John MacPhee, Rob Oakie, Grant Lawrence, Kimberly Sinclair, Scott Long, and Rob Lanni
– 4-5 p.m. – Exporting 101 – US with panelists Catherine MacLellan, Scott Long, Liana White, and Jason Burns