The Golden Ticket Program is designed to assist 6 artists per year to provide product development for their art at various stages of their careers. Eligible artists (solo or band) must have demonstrated a commitment to their music career showing some successes and a desire to take their career to the next level of development.
The program is focused on live performance artists who plan to tour. Music PEI has other events for songwriters and composers and is developing programs for artists who do not tour.
Highlights of this multi-faceted program are:
Other areas the program will cover include:
Successful applicants will be selected by a jury based on their previous success, ability and commitment. Each selected artist will be given 4 months to complete the program and will work with a series of contractors selected by Music PEI to deliver each component.
Colin Buchanan (Paper Lions) has been hired to manage the program and deliver some of the business services and performance coaching. Studios, Producers and PR firms will be selected based on the artist and their needs.
The total estimated value of the Golden Ticket Program for each participant is valued at an estimated $6,000 with 100% being subsidized by FACTOR, ACOA and Innovation PEI. The participants are not required to contribute financially to participate in this program, however, they must be able to complete the program within four months.
Info & Submissions
Submissions will be accepted until:
December 5th, 2022 (4:59pm AT).
For more information, contact [email protected].
- This program is open to new and emerging solo artists or bands
- This project is for new unrecorded songs only
- Applicant must be a permanent resident of PEI
- Permanent address on Prince Edward Island for at least 6 months.
- File income taxes with the PEI government
- If a band, 50% of the members must be residents of PEI
- Artists will be required to submit one performance video
- Submissions must include a demo (can be a rough demo) of the song to be recorded complete with lyrics
- A minimum of 1 and up to a maximum of 3 songs can be submitted
- If you are selected you will be required to be a Music PEI member
The following artists are ineligible to apply for this program:
- Artists who have toured outside of the Atlantic provinces
- Artists who have received “Export Development Program” funding or “Career Investment Program”
- Artists who have already participated in the “Golden Ticket Program”