Music PEI, the Music Industry Association for Prince Edward Island, has an exciting new opportunity for full-time permanent employment as an Administration Manager/Social Media Coordinator.
ABOUT MUSIC PEI
Music PEI is a non-profit member services organization devoted to advancing the careers of PEI musicians and industry professionals. Music PEI provides support to PEI’s music industry through funding opportunities, programs, workshops and events. Music PEI also participates in Live Music Trade Initiatives including domestic and international showcasing opportunities.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking an individual with exemplary capabilities to manage Music PEI’s administrative tasks and social media. We are a fast-paced, deadline-driven organization looking for a motivated, proactive individual who thrives on short deadlines and enjoys working within a small team.
The ideal candidate is passionate about the arts and creative sectors, the live music sector, and industry development/education. The ideal candidate should have previous experience in all non-profit administrative areas and be well-versed in management and best practices of social media platforms, Google G-Suite, and other current digital platforms, grant writing, and reporting, and be open to continuous learning about the ever-evolving industry. Previous experience in the music industry is an asset but not required.
Duties include but are not limited to:
· Management of Receivable and Payable Accounts
· Cash-flow Management
· Grant and funding applications
· Final reporting for funding
· Management of all Music PEI social media platforms
· Management of Membership
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
The Administrative and Social Media Manager will be thoroughly committed to Music PEI’s mission and to supporting the development and operationalizing of Music PEI’s strategic priorities. The successful candidate will have demonstrated knowledge and experience in the following areas:
• Experience in project-based funding, final reporting, and budget management
• Experience building and managing budgets and financial statements
• Experience in social media, marketing, and promotion as it pertains to musicians, the music industry, and not-for-profit programming
• University degree and/or a combination of education, training, and relevant lived experience with a minimum 3-5 years of management experience in a non-profit sector organization, membership-based organizations would be an asset
• Experience in major event planning and execution would be an asset
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
• Exhibits knowledge of company identity, mission, and goals;
• Demonstrates outstanding writing and editing skills;
• Communicates clearly and effectively;
• Possesses excellent organizational skills and the ability to effectively prioritize;
• Is exceptionally detail-oriented;
• Exhibits proficiency in Google Workspace, and Microsoft Office Suite including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel;
• Experience in WordPress, Mailchimp, and Canva Pro or Adobe would be an asset;
• Exhibits excellent interpersonal skills;
• Is capable of thinking creatively and analytically;
• Manages time efficiently and is an effective switch tasker;
• Collaborating with other team members to ensure effective dissemination of information;
• Possesses solid problem-solving skills;
• Receptive to feedback;
• Always demonstrates professional conduct – as a member of the Music PEI team, you are always representing the organization.
• High standards of performance for self and others. Accountable for work and responsible for followthrough on tasks to ensure success.
This employment is based out of the Music PEI Charlottetown office at the Guild (115 Richmond Street, 3rd floor) and is a Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm position. Some evening and weekend work may be required during events. Most of these office hours are sitting at a desk working on a computer. During the occasional evening or weekend event there tends to be 4+ hours of standing however there is always an opportunity to sit. Some remote work is acceptable if required. The office is accessible by elevator or 3 flights of stairs.
This position includes a full Health Benefits package and a starting annual salary range of between $38,000 to $42,500, depending on qualifications.
Music PEI recognizes the systemic discrimination that Black, Indigenous, Persons of Colour, Transgender/Gender Diverse, and many other groups have historically experienced and continue to face in our society. Music PEI is an equal opportunity employer committed to being an inclusive, welcoming, and unbiased employer. We encourage members of these communities to apply for this position. Candidates are welcome to self-identify in their applications.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with “Music PEI Employment Opportunity” in the subject line before December 12th. The successful applicant will begin as early as January 3rd.