After nearly 30 years in Prince Edward Island, Gordon Belsher is still going strong performing solo at concerts, ceilidhs, conventions, and pubs. As accompanist and featured vocalist with Prince Edward Island fiddlers Richard Wood and Cynthia MacLeod, Gordon has toured extensively across Canada, in the U.S., the U.K., Europe, and Japan. Last year, Gordon formed an eclectic trio called ASaxafras” with his daughter Savannah on vocals and her beau Todd MacLean on saxophone. In the fall of 2006, he was part of the Charlottetown Festival=s hit show ACeltic Blaze” with fiddling and dancing jaw dropper Stephanie Cadman.
Gordon=s newest CD ACall up all the [email protected] was nominated for “Folk Recording of the Year” at the 2006 PEI Music Awards. It is his first solo recording since his 2003 ECMA nominated AReel in the Flickering [email protected]
Other previous career highlights include:
– Composing and performing the anthem for the 2004 Special Olympics Winter Games.
– Performing and touring across Canada and the New England States
with PEI fiddling jewel Cynthia MacLeod, 2002-present.
– Touring across Canada and around the world as accompanist
and featured vocalist with PEI fiddling dynamo Richard Wood, 1996-2002.
– Part of the cultural delegation with ATeam [email protected] in Tokyo, Japan 1999.
– Owner/engineer/producer of Guernsey Cove Parlour Productions,
five time ECMA AStudio of the [email protected] nominee.
Gordon is offering to serve on the Board of Directors of Music PEI, particularly to bring the perspective of a full time performing artist and recording producer.