The Music PEI team has put together over 30 awards, each designed to celebrate various genres, styles, solos, groups, industry professionals and community leaders.
This year, we have many some changes to the awards:
- For this year only, we have waived our $30 award fee.
- We have four new award categories for 2021:
- Live Stream of the Year
- Instrumental Recording of the Year
- Rap/Hip-Hop Recording of the Year
- R&B/Soul Recording of the Year
- It is with heavy hearts that we announce that we are cancelling a few award categories for the 2021 Credit Union Music PEI Week in response to COVID-19. We are monitoring the situation and will make another announcement regarding the 2022 Music PEI Week award categories next year. The categories that we have eliminated for this year are:
- Touring Artist of the Year
- Media Person of the Year
- Cover Band/Artist of the Year
- Volunteer of the Year
- There will be multiple performance opportunities during the 2021 Credit Union Music PEI Week. Artists/Groups do not have to apply to perform this year. All nominees are automatically considered for performance opportunities.
- Artists are not required to submit physical copies of their CD to the Music PEI office this year. However, if an artist would like to add their CD to the Music PEI archive, they can mail or deliver a maximum of two (2) physical copies of their CD. Note: these CD’s may be used for promotional purposes.
- It is our privilege to announce that we have six awards for the 2021 Music PEI Board of Directors Industry Awards: Educator of the Year, Industry Person of the Year, Lifetime Achievement Award, Rooted to the Island, Live Music Production Professional of the Year, and Community Contributor of the Year.
Prince Edward Island has many outstanding individuals who provide vital contributions to our music industry and dedicate themselves to helping our community flourish. We wish to recognize these people and thank them for adding such vibrancy to our Island music culture.
Anyone may submit themselves or someone they know for these awards, and the recipient will be decided by the board of directors of Music PEI. The awards will be presented during the 2021 Credit Union Music PEI Week.
A complete guideline to the awards, submission process, eligibility criteria and other details can be found in the updated 2021 Award Guidelines.
» 2021 Award Guidelines
» 2021 Awards Submissions Form
» 2021 Board Awards Nomination Form
Submissions must be received by Friday, November 27, 2020, at 5:00 PM AT—no exceptions. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.