Music PEI Awards
The Music PEI team has put together 25+ awards, each designed to celebrate various genres, styles, industry professionals and community leaders.
A complete guideline to the awards, submission process, eligibility criteria and other details can be found in the updated 2023 Award Guidelines.
Award submissions can be made using our new Awards Platform but it is advised you read the Guidelines before submitting.
There will be multiple performance opportunities during the 2023 Music PEI Week. Artists/Groups do not have to apply to perform. All nominees are automatically considered for performance opportunities.
- Artists are not required to submit physical copies of their CD to the Music PEI office. However, if an artist would like to add their CD to the Music PEI archive, they can mail or deliver a maximum of two (2) physical copies of their CD. Note: these CDs may be used for promotional purposes.
It is our privilege to announce that we have seven (7) awards for the 2022 Music PEI Board of Directors Industry Awards: Educator of the Year, Industry Person of the Year, Lifetime Achievement Award, Rooted to the Island, Live Music Production Professional of the Year, Musician of the Year, and Community Contributor of the Year. Prince Edward Island has many outstanding individuals who provide vital contributions to our music industry and dedicate themselves to helping our community flourish. We wish to recognize these people and thank them for adding such vibrancy to our Island music culture. Anyone may submit themselves or someone they know for these awards, and the recipient will be decided by the board of directors of Music PEI. The awards will be presented during the 2023 Music PEI Week.
Changes for the 2023 Awards
A number of awards categories were eliminated, changed, and combined to create new awards categories. Last year Music PEI offered 36 award categories, this year there are 26.
One of the major changes allows artists to submit up to two genre-specific categories for each recording. As well, all general and genre awards will be juried by industry professionals, and there will be no more voting by Music PEI members unless selected as an official member of the Awards Committee Jury. You can apply to be a juror using this application form.
Categories Eliminated for 2023
- Event of the Year
- Group Recording of the Year
- Livestream of the Year
- Live Music Programmer of the Year
- Producer of the Year
- Recording Studio of the Year
- Solo Recording of the Year
- Venue of the Year
- Contemporary Roots Recording of the Year
- Country Recording of the Year
- Electronic Recording of the Year
- Blues Recording of the Year
- Loud Recording of the Year
- Traditional Recording of the Year
New Categories & Category Changes For 2023
Group of the Year and Solo Recording of the year now fall under Album of the Year.
Digital Achievement of the Year is now been renamed to Digital Presence of the Year.
Event of the Year, Venue of the Year & Live Music Programmer now fall under the new Live Sector Award.
Musician of the Year is now a Board Award.
- Producer of the Year and Recording Studio of the Year now fall under the new Recording Sector Award.
- Electronic Recording of the year can now fall under Instrumental Recording or the Pop and Rock categories.
Video of the Year has been changed to Music Video of the Year.
Song of the Year has been changed to Single of the Year.
Contemporary Roots Recording of the Year, Traditional Roots Recording of the Year, Blues Recording of the Year, and Country Recording of the Year now all fall under the Roots Recording of the Year Award.
Loud Recording of the Year now falls under Rock Recording of the Year.