Join our team and help address and prevent sexual harassment across the music industry in Prince Edward Island.
Job Title: Project Coordinator – Project Soundcheck PEI
Location: Prince Edward Island (Remote)
Organization: Music PEI
Duration: Part-time (Temporary)
Salary: $25/hr at 20 Hours/Week
Contract Length: 26 Weeks (January 2024 – June 2024)
Music PEI is seeking a dedicated and passionate individual to fill the role of Project Coordinator for Project Soundcheck PEI. This groundbreaking initiative, developed by the Sexual Assault Network and the Ottawa Coalition to End Violence Against Women, aims to address and prevent sexual harassment and assault within the music industry, fostering a safer and more inclusive environment for all participants. We want to bring our festivals, venues, and community together to challenge bystander apathy.
- Bystander Intervention Training Sessions: Coordinate with Project Soundcheck to organize and facilitate three (3) Bystander Intervention Training Sessions over the course of the year for Music PEI staff, board members, volunteers, members, and leaders in the arts and culture sector (venues, festivals, conferences).
- Train-The-Trainer Session: Collaborate with Project Soundcheck and PEIRSAC (PEI Rape and Sexual Assault Centre) to participate in a Train-The-Trainer session, enabling the continued offering of the Project Soundcheck program in PEI. Assist in co-facilitating training sessions on an as-needed basis for interested parties for the duration of the contract.
- Safety Audits and Consultation: Engage Project Soundcheck in safety audits for Music PEI’s annual signature events (Showcase PEI, Music PEI Week, and the Canadian Song Conference). Coordinate focus groups and consult on the development of Music PEI’s member conduct and safer spaces policies.
- Marketing and Promotion: Partner with PEIRSAC for the marketing and promotion of the public Bystander Intervention Training Sessions. Work collaboratively on promotional efforts to ensure widespread awareness and participation.
- Collaborative Partnerships: Build and maintain effective partnerships with stakeholders in sexual violence/harassment prevention. Leverage community connections to enhance the impact and sustainability of Project Soundcheck.
- Reporting: Draft project reports, summarizing safety audits for internal and external communications. Complete the project’s final report, providing a comprehensive overview of accomplishments, challenges, and recommendations for future initiatives.
- Strong commitment and/or experience towards addressing and preventing sexual harassment and assault, particularly within the music industry.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Effective communication and facilitation skills.
- Collaborative mindset with the ability to work with diverse stakeholders.
- Familiarity with event planning and the arts and culture sector is an asset.
- Proficiency in utilizing various digital tools and platforms, including but not limited to Canva Pro, Slack, Google Workspace and other common project management and communication tools.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and a cover letter outlining their relevant experience and commitment to the objectives of Project Soundcheck. Please send applications including a cover letter and resume to [email protected] by December 20th, 2023.
Note: A preferred candidate has already been identified for this position, however, competitive applications will be reviewed. Priority will be given to competitive applications from individuals who identify as women and/or as trans and gender-diverse. This is a remote position, and candidates from any location within Prince Edward Island are encouraged to apply. The Project Coordinator will report to Music PEI’s Program Officer.
Music PEI is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from individuals of all backgrounds and experiences. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We appreciate the time and effort invested by all applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.
We are grateful to the Government of Prince Edward Island for supporting this project with funding from the Gender Equity Diversity Inclusion and Community Enhancement Program.