Music PEI is now hiring 2 people to assist delivery of Credit Union Music PEI Week and the Canadian Song Conference.
Credit Union Music PEI Week 2021- March 3rd to 7th
The event will be a combination of concerts and events. Music PEI will present:
• Opening Reception
• 6 concerts featuring nominees
• Presentation of the Music PEI Awards.
• This will be the 20th annual edition of the Music PEI Awards. Over 30 awards are presented to celebrate excellence in our music community.
Canadian Song Conference- May 19th to 22nd
The Canadian Song Conference has proven to be an excellent professional development and business development event for PEI’s music industry. This will be the 6th edition as it continues to grow and receive accolades from industry professionals around the world.
• The conference will include panels and workshops designed to assist and encourage growth of PEI’s music industry.
• The conference focuses on developing multiple revenue streams to create a sustainable career.
• Delegates will be recruited from around the world to participate as panellists and speakers for workshops.
• The Canadian Songwriter Challenge is a project within the conference and is a collaboration between PEI artists and other artists from across Canada.
• The event will also have a showcase component.
• Pending COVID-19 restrictions, this may be an online conference
The two positions available will focus on:
Music PEI Week
• Recruiting and managing the volunteers including delegating jobs and scheduling.
• Insuring the sponsors receive the various benefits they have been offered in return for their sponsorship including tickets, promo etc.
• Insuring the artists and industry professionals nominated for awards receive their participant benefits
• Responsible for ticketing, communication with ticketing provider, venues and the MPEI team.
• Assisting with marketing for the event including coordinating with the graphic designer, webmaster, media, social media and advertising providers
• Creating performance and soundcheck schedules for concerts and communicating that information to the artists and the venues.
• Coordinating live stream concerts
Canadian Song Conference
• Developing Conference panels and workshops
• Recruiting speakers and panellists
• Coordinating travel logistics for delegates (if in person)
• Coordinating and securing conference venue rentals
• Coordinating online workshops and panel sessions
• Creating marketing for outreach to promote the conference
This project is funded by Skills PEI and the Work Experience PEI Program. In order to be eligible, applicants must be:
• A PEI resident
• Currently unemployed
• Currently receiving EI, or EI eligible or had an open EI claim in the previous 36 months
An ideal candidate would have some post-secondary education and a connection to the music industry. This experience would help enhance knowledge of the music industry and create excellent connections and network opportunities within the music industry.
Music PEI is the non-profit music industry association for the province with a mandate to assist artists and industry professionals to develop careers in the music industry.
Start Date: January 11, 2021
End Date: June 18, 2021
Duration: 23 weeks
Application Deadline: January 3, 2020
Send Resume to: [email protected]