Nominations for the Music PEI Board of Directors are now open. If you are interested in serving on the board for a three-year term, please submit your application HERE.
You must submit a bio of no more than 250 words, a photo and explain why you think you would make a good candidate for the board. If you are selected for the Board, you must be a member in good standing. The deadline for submitting your name to stand for election is Thursday, June 15th at 5PM. Polls will open Monday, June 19th and will remain open until Wednesday, July 5th at 5PM.
Music PEI will post the bios on-line with a link to a voting page and only paid members are eligible to vote. Those elected to the board will be announced at the AGM on July 12th.
The time commitment involved in serving on the board is:
– Monthly Board meetings (approximately 2 hours each)
– Committee work could average an hour or two hour per week
– Attendance at May Run Music Festival and other events as needed throughout the year
– Special meetings as needed
Music PEI would like to encourage those people committed to grow the music industry on PEI and we are seeking people with any of the following skills and traits:
– An understanding of the music industry
– Accounting, managerial, production, broadcasting or legal skills
– Communication, marketing & board governance
– Sponsorship and fundraising
– Previous board experience
– Can place your views and opinions alongside others
– Have a passion for assisting Island artists in building careers
Since inception of Music PEI in 2007, the number of internationally touring artists has grown by over 400% and the industry has continued to grow and develop. Events like Showcase PEI, the Music PEI Funding Program and other initiatives have helped to create a thriving industry that is respected around the world.
The commitment and challenges are considerable but serving as a Music PEI board member is a privilege and an extremely rewarding experience as we continue to help the music industry grow and flourish on Prince Edward Island.
If you have any questions please contact Rob Oakie- [email protected] or 902-894-6734.