Employment Opportunity – Music PEI now hiring!
Music PEI is the music industry association for the province of Prince Edward Island. With support from Skills PEI, Music PEI is now recruiting for 4 positions to help deliver the May Run Music Festival and the Canadian Song Conference. Music PEI will be presenting the May Run Music Festival and the Canadian Song Conference between May 10 to 14, 2017. We are currently recruiting the following event staff.
Event Manager- Supervisor
Event Manager will supervise 3 other event staff and assist the Music PEI staff and Board in delivering these annual events. The successful candidate will report to the Music PEI Executive Director and will be responsible for overseeing the Conference and Festival working out of Music PEI’s office on Kent Street in Charlottetown.
• Eligibility- This position has no employment restrictions and is open to anyone.
• Requirements- Previous experience in Event Management is required with a focus on live music presentations and conferences preferred.
• Must be able to manage a team, work within and maintain a budget and communicate well
• Will act as a mentor to the event staff team
• Term- Feb 1 to June 30
• Compensation- $20/hr
• These are EI insurable earnings
Following 3 positions through Work Experience PEI Program have these eligibility requirements:
• Currently Unemployed
• Currently EI recipient or EI eligible or had an EI claim in previous 3 years
• Term- Feb 1 to June 30
• Compensation $537/week
Volunteer Coordinator/Sponsor & Artist Care
This person will be responsible for
• Recruiting and managing the volunteers for the event including delegating jobs and scheduling.
• Insuring the sponsors receive the various benefits they have been offered in return for their sponsorship including tickets, promo etc.
• Insuring the artists and industry professionals nominated for awards receive their participant benefits
Ticketing & Marketing Coordinator
This position will be responsible for
• All ticketing, communication with ticketing provider, venues and the MPEI team.
• Assisting with the management of the marketing for the event including coordinating with the graphic designer, webmaster, media, social media and advertising providers
• Developing Conference panels and workshops
• Recruiting speakers and panellists
• Coordinating travel logistics for delegates
Please submit your application by email only to [email protected] no later than Friday January 20.
Leave A Comment