Music PEI will hold their Annual General Meeting (AGM) Tuesday, June 25 starting at 7PM. Location to be announced soon. The AGM will provide a summary of Music PEI’s past year’s activities, financial statements, future events and announcement of the new Board of Directors.
Nominations for the Board of Directors are now open. If you are interested in serving on the board for a three year term, please contact Rob Oakie at 902-894-6734 or [email protected].
You must submit a bio of no more than 250 words, a photo and explain why you think you would make a good candidate for the board. You must also currently be a member in good standing. The deadline for submitting your name to stand for election is Friday, May 10 at 5PM. Polls will open Tuesday, May 14 and will be open until Friday, June 7 at 5PM.
Music PEI will post the bios on-line with a link to a voting page and only paid members will be eligible to vote. Those elected to the board will be announced at the AGM on June 25.
The time commitment involved in serving on the board is:
– Monthly Board meetings
– Committee work could average an hour or two hour per week
– Attendance at the Metro Credit Union Music PEI Week and other events as needed throughout the year
– Special meetings as needed
Music PEI would like to encourage those people committed to grow the music industry on PEI and we are seeking people with any of the following skills and traits:
– An understanding of the music industry
– Accounting, managerial, production, broadcasting or legal skills
– Communication, marketing & board governance
– Sponsorship and fundraising
– Previous board experience
– Can place your views and opinions alongside others
– Have a passion for assisting Island artists in building careers
The commitment and challenges are considerable but serving as a Music PEI board member is a privilege and an extremely rewarding experience as we continue to help the music industry grow and flourish on Prince Edward Island.