Music PEI has an immediate opening for a Communications Officer. This is a six month intern position. This is a vital role in providing professional communication between MPEI and various sources of media, members, government, partners, sponsors, staff and others.
This position requires development of a number of different business skills including working knowledge of but not limited to:
• Creating press releases (creative writing skills)
• Planning the execution of press releases
• Compiling an updated media contact list
• Creating calendar of deadlines
• Communicating with sponsors
• Creating invites for delegates
• Understanding professional communication procedures
• Preparing packages of sponsorship information
• Go-to source for media inquiries
• Creating critical paths
• Coordinating ad details with media + designer
• Insuring brand integrity
• Updating webpage news releases
• Updating social media is a critical piece in the new music industry (Facebook, Twitter)
• Creating and coordinating newsletters to release to members
• Insuring consistent messaging
• Creating and managing communication procedures within staff
• Working with the Executive Director on funding proposals
This is a Skills PEI funded position and applicants must meet the following requirements.
• must be a post secondary graduate between 2006-2011
• must be EI eligible
• must be a resident of PEI
• ready for work immediately
• knowledge of the music industry would be considered an asset
This is paid internship of 40 hours per week and would begin immediately upon selection and continue for six months. Rate of pay is $19.00 per hour.
Applications must be submited by June 17, 2011.
Please email or fax your resume and cover letter to:
Rob Oakie – Executive Director
E: [email protected]