Music PEI is the music industry association for Prince Edward Island with a mandate to assist artists and industry professionals to create sustainable careers. Music PEI achieves this by delivering a government funded grant program for members, professional development programs, and business development activities. The organization is a non-profit company primarily funded through government investment. Annual membership ranges between 250 and 300 members and staff ranges from 2 up to 7 at any given time.
Scope of Work:
Music PEI is seeking proposals from qualified consultants, firms, or individuals to develop a new website, along with a Music PEI App. Specifically, the qualified consultant, firm, or individual will be required to:
– Create a website that gives users access to basic information without logging in, while allowing members to login and access members-only pages.
– Create a calendar that can be accessed by our entire member database.
– members must be able to add entries
– viewable by the public
– The website should maintain functionality on mobile devices
– Allows third party plugins such as voting portals, music players, jurying activities, social media feeds
– Allows staff to login and edit the content of the website as needed
– Train staff on using the website
– Option for member database, membership sign-up and renewals. It is possible that Music PEI could migrate our existing database system to the new website so this may be optional
– Most of the content on the current Music PEI website will be included in the new website- http://musicpei.com
– Create a conference app containing:
– Delegate & Artist biographies
– Workshop & Panel information
The target audience for our website will be musicians and industry professionals, as well as music listeners. The age range of these individuals varies from teens to seniors – therefore, it is essential that the public side of the website be easy to use for those who are not tech-savvy, while the member side can be more complex. The app will be used mainly by artists & industry professionals.
Our ideal goal for completion and launch is mid 2019, with a flexible timeline including:
-> first draft completed/review – winter 2018
-> final draft completed/review – spring 2019
-> launch – mid 2019
Proposals should include, but not be limited to, the following components:
– Evidence of extensive knowledge in website development
– Examples of past work and testimonials (if available) from previous clients
– Plan for ongoing support after website launch
– Please indicate whether development of the app will be outsourced and provide any additional information
Proposal Evaluation Criteria:
The consultant, firm, or individual shall be selected according to the following criteria:
– Experience and satisfactory performance on similar contracts
– The number, qualifications and experience of personnel to be assigned or made available
– Work organization and methodological approach
– Turnaround time established; workable and realistic timetable
– Degree of experience in working with nonprofits and arts organizations
– Availability of consultant, firm, or individual
– Overall proposal presentation
Instructions to Proponents:
All questions, requests for information, instructions, or clarifications regarding any part of this proposal document must be set out in writing and directed to:
Proposal Submissions and Closing Date:
The closing date for proposals is set for July 20th, 2018.
Only proposals that are emailed will be accepted; please use the subject “RFP – Website and App Development” and send to: