Nominations for the Music PEI Board of Directors are now open. If you are interested in serving on the board for a three year term, please contact Rob Oakie at 902-894-6734 or [email protected] AND submit your application HERE.
You must submit a bio of no more than 250 words, a photo and explain why you think you would make a good candidate for the board. You must also currently be a member in good standing. The deadline for submitting your name to stand for election is Friday, June 24th at 5PM. Polls will open Tuesday, July 28th and will remain open until Monday, July 4th at 5PM.
Music PEI will post the bios on-line with a link to a voting page and only paid members will be eligible to vote. Those elected to the board will be announced at the AGM on July 13th.
The time commitment involved in serving on the board is:
– Monthly Board meetings
– Committee work could average an hour or two hour per week
– Attendance at May Run Music Festival and other events as needed throughout the year
– Special meetings as needed
Music PEI would like to encourage those people committed to grow the music industry on PEI and we are seeking people with any of the following skills and traits:
– An understanding of the music industry
– Accounting, managerial, production, broadcasting or legal skills
– Communication, marketing & board governance
– Sponsorship and fundraising
– Previous board experience
– Can place your views and opinions alongside others
– Have a passion for assisting Island artists in building careers
The commitment and challenges are considerable but serving as a Music PEI board member is a privilege and an extremely rewarding experience as we continue to help the music industry grow and flourish on Prince Edward Island.