MUSICNL is a non-profit organization that addresses key issues affecting the Newfoundland & Labrador music industry in order to implement positive change by presenting a strong voice to government, business and the community at large.
The Board of Directors of MusicNL is seeking applications from interested, qualified professionals for the position of Executive Director.
The successful candidate will:
• Provide management, administrative and operational leadership to ensure efficient and effective running of the MusicNL office, its programs and all events under the jurisdiction of MusicNL;
• Must have experience working with a volunteer board and a membership based organization, understanding that all direction must come from the Board;
• Provide regular written updates on all initiatives;
• Demonstrate leadership experience and people management skills; strong interpersonal, presentation, communication and organizational skills;
• Possess a university degree with a specialization in Business Administration or Public Relations, or its equivalent in education and experience;
• Possess an above average working knowledge of standard Microsoft Office software including an up to date accounting package;
• Proposal writing with budget creation and final reporting is a priority;
• Accounting and budget priority setting experience is a necessity;
• Demonstrate a proven track record in motivating and supervising others;
• Have experience working within the music and arts industry as well as knowledge of managing high profile events, volunteers, merchandise and signage;
• Be able to travel and represent MusicNL at various events, conferences and government sessions;
• Possess knowledge of how to apply for government funding programs and create corporate partnerships for MusicNL;
• Understand the workings of the Canadian and international music industry with a focus on Newfoundland and Labrador and the Atlantic region;
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and vehicle;
• Other related duties as required.
The salary will be commensurate with training and experience
Closing Date: January 29, 2016 at 4:00pm
Interested candidates can submit a CV and cover letter to: