Music PEI Now hiring- Operations Manager/Program Officer
Employment Opportunity with Music PEI
Position: Operations Manager/Program Officer
Term: Permanent Fulltime
Start Date: September
Music PEI is the non-profit music industry association for Prince Edward Island and is dedicated to helping those in the Island’s music industry create and develop sustainable careers. This is achieved through a variety of activities including professional development, business development and a grant program.
Music PEI has three major activities each year which are:
1. Music PEI Week: Each January Music PEI Week presents a variety of concerts, showcases, industry professional development workshops and panels and an Awards Gala. Music PEI Week is the largest annual celebration of the best of PEI’s music industry. Annual budget between $100,000 and $200,000.
2. Showcase PEI: PEI’s most important export and business development activity for the Island’s music industry, Showcase PEI brings 30 to 40 music industry buyers from around the world to Prince Edward Island for a 3 day conference. Since 2008 Showcase PEI has created over 3/4 of a million dollars in work for PEI artists. Annual Budget between $60,000 to $80,000.
3. Music PEI Funding Program: Music PEI administers a grant program on behalf of the provincial department of Tourism and Culture. Each year between grants are distributed to PEI’s music industry. Grants support a variety of activities from professional development, to marketing, tour support, showcase support and other related projects. Annual budget between $80,000 and $90,000.
In additon Music PEI acts as an advocate and a voice for the Island’s music industry at the national and provincial table.
Music PEI is now accepting resumes for the position of Operations Manager/Program Officer.
The outline of the duties as Operations Manager include:
• Daily Office Management
• Tracking budgets (annual budget approximately $500,000)
• Managing Social Media, newsletters and website
• Delivery of Member Services
• Managing & hiring contract staff
• Bank deposits
• Developing RFP’s
• Overseeing Music PEI Week operations
• Coordinate Board of Directors and AGM meetings
The outline of duties for the Program Officer are:
• Guiding a Committee in the annual review the grant program guidelines and process
• Providing consultation and advice to grant applicants
• Assembling and guiding juries to adjudicate applications
• Documenting awarded grants, payments and final reports
• Advising members on other grant programs available
• Liaison with FACTOR and act as their Regional Rep for their grant programs
The Operations Manager/Program Officer reports to the Executive Director and the Music PEI Board of Directors.
The successful applicant will have:
• Post Secondary education
• Related experience to the position
Other desirable qualities include:
• Fully capable computer skills (Excel, Word, Google Docs etc)
• Previous experience with a non-profit business
• Detail minded and organised
• Ability to work evenings when required
• Valid driver’s license
• A passion or connection to the music industry
Annual Salary- low $30,000 range DOQ
Please only send resumes to:
Att: Rob Oakie
Deadline for applications August 30, 2013
Leave A Comment