If you are interested in serving on the board for a three-year term, please submit your application HERE.
You must submit a bio of no more than 250 words, a photo and explain why you think you would make a good candidate for the board. Keep in mind, the bio you submit will be what our members will see when they go to vote, so, submit your bio with that in mind.
The deadline for submitting your name to stand for election is Friday, July 17th at 5 PM. Polls will open Wednesday, July 22nd and will remain open until Wednesday, August 12th at 5 PM.
Music PEI will post the bios online with a link to a voting page and only paid members are eligible to vote. Those elected to the board will be announced at the AGM on August 19th.
The time commitment involved in serving on the board is:
– Monthly Board meetings (approximately 2 hours each)
– Committee work could average an hour or two per week
– Attendance at Music PEI events as needed throughout the year
– Special meetings as needed
Music PEI would like to encourage those people committed to growing the music industry on PEI and we are seeking people with any of the following skills and traits:
– An understanding of the music industry
– Accounting, managerial, production, broadcasting or legal skills
– Communication, marketing & board governance
– Sponsorship and fundraising
– Previous board experience
– Can place your views and opinions alongside others
– Have a passion for assisting Island artists in building careers
Since the inception of Music PEI in 2007, the number of internationally touring artists has grown by over 400% and the industry has continued to grow and develop. Events like Showcase PEI, the Music PEI Funding Program and other initiatives have helped to create a thriving industry that is respected around the world.
The commitment and challenges are considerable but serving as a Music PEI board member is a privilege and an extremely rewarding experience as we continue to help the music industry grow and flourish on Prince Edward Island.
If you have any questions please contact Rob Oakie – [email protected] or 902-894-6734.