2021/22 Funding

With the support of Innovation PEI, Music PEI is creating the $75,000 Digital Performance Creation Fund (DPCF). The goal of this fund is to create digital live performance content to be used for Showcase and Online Performance opportunities.

Funding Overview

  • The DPCF will provide up to $1,500 to eligible artists.

  • Funds will be available until they are depleted, there is no fixed deadline.

  • The DPCF will fund 100% of expenses up to a maximum of $1500 which are limited to costs to create a live performance video.

  • Music PEI is committed to promoting all forms of diversity and encourages applications from artists of all backgrounds and genres who meet the eligibility criteria.

  • Your applications will be assessed by a committee. The committee will consider your proposal, the opportunity presented and your ability to execute.

  • Music PEI Board Members and Staff shall not sit on committees, and all committee members will abide by Music PEI’s Conflict of Interest Policy.

Submit Application

Funding Objectives

The Music PEI Digital Performance Creation Fund Program is designed to:

  • To allow PEI artists to build their careers by exporting their music via online Showcasing and Performance opportunities.

  • Market development of new markets through online opportunities.

  • To foster the development of all applicants’ business and grant writing skills.

  • To assist successful applicants in reaching new audiences and building connections to the music industry.

  • To encourage increased participation in the music industry on PEI.

Who Can Apply?

The DPCF is open to PEI residents only. To be considered a resident for the purposes of the DPCF Program, applicants must meet all of the following criteria:

  • The primary artist and/or the majority of the group must have a permanent address in PEI.
  • The applicant must have been a resident of PEI for at least the previous six months.
  • The Applicant must have a contract or an offer to perform at an online festival, event or showcase.

Successful Applicants:

  • Will be asked to sign a Letter of Acceptance/Investment Agreement which must be completed within thirty (30) days of receiving an acceptance notification.
  • Will receive 80% of the eligible expenses for the approved budget within thirty (30) days of submitting a signed Letter of Acceptance/Investment Agreement. The remaining 20% will be received following the approval of a final report
  • Will within sixty (60) days of project completion submit to Music PEI a Completion Report providing a summary of the project and attaching copies of expense receipts. Applicants who cannot submit a Completion Report within this timeframe must inform the Program Officer prior to the deadline to request an extension or risk jeopardizing future investment.

What Activities are Funded?

Eligible expenses include: graphic design, venue rental, video production (camera operators, camera rental, video and audio editing and mixing), and other reasonable costs associated with creating digital content.

Ineligible expenses include: equipment purchases or other capital costs, food and beverage, and memberships.

How are Applications Assessed?

Your applications will be assessed by a committee. The committee will consider your proposal, the opportunity presented and your ability to execute.

Funding program recipients can submit their report for the Digital Performance Grant below.

File Completion Report